Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

KENTUCKY FOOTBALL


Handyman has spent a lot Friday nights keeping the football scoreboard for his high school alma mater. He really seems to enjoy it - or at least I would assume so since he's done it off and on for almost 40 years. I thought he did it because he just liked football, but over the years that has not really seemed to be the case. He doesn't go to many other games when he's not working them and we rarely watch football (or any other sport except golf) on television.
This past Saturday I turned the TV onto a football game -- Western Kentucky University (our college alma mater) vs University of Kentucky. Of course we figured we knew who was going to win before the game ever began, but the opening minutes were pretty exciting when Western ran for the first touchdown!!! Go Toppers!! Their luck didn't hold for long. When UK got the ball they got their first of many touchdowns.
We finally turned off the game before half time because a movie was coming on ---like I said, we just don't watch much football on TV and WKU was waaaaay behind. But since they were both Kentucky teams I wanted to at least see part of the game. I hope Western's team improves soon as they're ranked the very last team in their division. I never even heard what the final score was.

No comments:

Post a Comment