Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Sunday, March 6, 2011

I LOVE A BARGAIN

Last weekend I went out to "window shop." There wasn't anything in particular that I was looking for. The first place I stopped was Trees and Trends. This store has a lot of home decorating items. I always enjoy going there when the seasons are getting ready to change since a lot of their items are seasonal. Before I even entered the store, there on their front sidewalk, I saw a chair like I had been wanting for our master bedroom. The other chairs that I had been pricing were bottom of the line, discount chairs and the prices ranged from around $125 to $150. This chair did have a bit of damage to the upholstery in the seat cushion. The way the chair is made I knew it wouldn't take much to recover the whole chair. Due to damage the chair had been marked down from $235 to $25!!! Yes, that's correct, $25.00. I just couldn't pass it up. The legs are painted black so they match the wood furniture in our bedroom and the beige upholstery is a bit darker than what we have, but it went very well. I thought I'd just throw a blanket or afghan over the seat until we could recover it, but after looking at it in the room, I don't think we'll even bother with that right now. I don't think you'd ever notice it if you just walked into the room. And since it is the master, we wouldn't normally put any company in there.
Here is the damage --
This shows how well it matches the room --
I really think I found a great bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment