Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Saturday, May 8, 2010

TRAVELING KENTUCKY ...AGAIN

This has been a crazy week for me. I've spent several days on the road for work traveling to far western Kentucky for a couple of days and then a shorter trip on Thursday up the Natcher Parkway to Ohio & Butler Counties. After work on Friday I drove straight to the cabin. We spent the night and had breakfast and lunch there then headed home for a day. We have obligations at church so we needed to be back for Sunday morning along with it being Mother's Day and needing to spend some time with Handyman's mother. I'm looking forward to getting back to the cabin tomorrow afternoon even though on Monday morning I have to take off for a trip eastward on the Louie B Nunn Parkway to Monticello - it's right around 100 milon I-65 to almost Louisville - that one will be about 100 miles each way also. On Tuesday, I'll head back home after my work trip. On Wednesday, it's back to Caldwell Co on the Natcher and Western KY Parkway-- another 100 mile one-way trip and on Thursday I'm off to Meade Co, back up I-65 then backroads to Breckinridge Co and home -- approximately 100 miles one way again. That'll be a total of about 800 miles for the week! I'll be glad to get these trips over with. I don't mind a few now and then, but 4 weeks in a row is just a bit too much to suit me. I'll be turning in my rental car next Friday after putting over 3,000 miles on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment