Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Saturday, December 12, 2009

GETTING IN THE SPIRIT

This is the beginning a very hectic week for handyman and me. Tonight was the first performance of the Cantata at church. It went very well with our new choir director. We have a repeat performance tomorrow at the early service. Then after eating lunch, daughter, Holly, and I are heading for Nashville to attend a performance of The Nutcracker. In all of my 57 years, I've never seen it so I'm looking forward to it. Then on Monday it's back to work and then another dental appointment that afternoon. Monday night I'll be working on breakfast for my co-workers for Tuesday morning. This is my Christmas present to them. We're having my Christmas morning breakfast casserole along with biscuits & gravy, jams & jellies That afternoon I have a Dr. appointment. Tuesday evening we're having our school dinner at Mariah's restaurant at 7:00. They always have delicious food. Then on Wednesday night we're attending the choir dinner at Cambridge Market. Nothing is planned for Thursday (so far) and then on Friday I have to travel to Frankfort for my quarterly employee evaluation followed by lunch out with my boss and a few others that hold the same job as I do, but in different parts of the state. Then on Saturday we'll be getting ready for our annual caroling party with our Sunday School Class that will take place on Sunday evening. The house will have to be cleaned and several food dishes put together.
Most of my gift buying is done, but I still have the wrapping to do. The Christmas letter is saved on my computer, but I just got the stationary today to print it on. I haven't done any candy or cookie making (that's partially intentional, so we won't eat so much). Guess I do need to get a few things together. And I'm contemplating baking a turkey on Christmas Day since I didn't bake one for Thanksgiving.
But now it's time to get to bed. Gotta rest up for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...we'll have to schedule a time for the girls to call!

    ReplyDelete