Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Saturday, August 14, 2010

MONEY PLANT

As a child I remember my grandmother giving my mother a bouquet of Money Plant. It was a small bouquet held in one of the many pine needle vases that my grandmother had made. Because they're dried flowers you can keep them around for many years. It seemed that every year the bouquet became a little smaller because it was deteriorating from age. Eventually there was no more money plant. Then a lady at our church grew some and I got another bouquet to give to my mother. But it wasn't quite the same because it didn't come from my grandmother.
I had tried for years to grow the plant, but never could seem to get it to come up from seed. It had been several years since I planted it and happened to notice what I first thought was a weed but after closer inspection decided that it was indeed the much evasive Money Plant. It now reseeds itself yearly and this year I had pretty much ignored it until time for harvest. I cut it a few weeks ago but just now got all of the seed pod coverings cleared away. I still have a nice bunch from last year so I guess I'll donate it to the Bounty Table at church where people can put in a donation for missions and then take the bounty from our gardens.
It just wouldn't seem like home without some of it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment