Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Thursday, February 3, 2011

THANKFULNESS

I am trying to be more thankful in my life.

I keep some verses from scripture on my desk to remind me of this.

Make Thankfulness your

Sacrifice to God

Psalm 50:14

But giving thanks is a sacrifice

That truly honors me.

Psalm 50:23

I have never been in need of anything. I have always had food, shelter, clothing, a job when I wanted it, a family who loved me. I’ve never had to deal with much sickness. What else could I want for?

I have not been thankful enough for all He has given me over the years.

I have been selfish, wanting things for myself, expecting to be given to and catered to ---just because I wanted it.

I recently came across a blog on the internet, A Holy Experience. The young lady who writes it has also written a book, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. She encourages you to be thankful for all the little blessings in our lives and to write down and number 1000 (and more) of these small gifts from God. She reminds us that just hours before Jesus was crucified, as he ate a meal with his disciples, knowing what was about to take place, he took the bread and the wine and thanked God for them. Even in the bad times we should be thankful for the gifts. All of us were not supposed to be rich or famous. But we need to remember that we are rich, maybe not financially, but because God has so blessed us. No matter what our circumstances, God knows where we are. His hand is in everything. We should praise him and thank him in the good and the bad just as Joseph told his brothers when they came to Pharaoh for food during the famine, after they had sold him as a slave, “You meant evil against me, but God meant it for good.” Genesis 50:20-21

God help me to be thankful in everything.

MY LIST OF 1000 BEGINS:

#1 - My Handyman

No comments:

Post a Comment