Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

RETIREMENT

It has been so long since I wrote a post that I'm not sure I'll be able to remember how to publish it!  As of January 1st I am officially retired.


So far I'm lovin' it.  I've been staying busy at home and at church.  I've spent a lot days going into church to get organized.  I've been working as treasurer since July but I felt like I was just doing the bare minimum to keep bills paid and payroll done.  Now that I have more time I've been cleaning out drawers, emails, files, etc.  Some things are getting stashed in a place where I can get my hands on them, if need be.  I don't think they're necessary, but I don't quite have the confidence to toss them yet.  When I was in school, many years ago, I could not do my homework until my room was all picked up.  I'm going thru the same thing at church.  I've got to get everything in order before I can dive into the W2s that need to be completed by the end of the month. 

At home, I've done a little photo organization.  I've sorted through duplicate photos that were my mothers or grandmothers.  I've labeled my photo albums by year.  This is a very loose labeling and I do know that there are some pictures in a few of the albums that don't really belong there, but there were empty slots or pages where those photos would fit.  More than likely, if you know the year that a photo was taken, you'll be able to find it.


I've also done a little quilting.  I embroidered a quilt top when the girls were in high school.  The youngest graduated in 1999 so  you can see how long it's been.  The quilt top has been stored in the closet with the backing and batting pinned in place.  Since I've retired, I've quilted 3 of the 12 squares in the quilt.  That's not bad....so hopefully I'll get it finished this year.

Guess I'd better get off of here for now.  I have a lemon cake in the oven and I need to get down to the kitchen.
 

2 comments: