Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Sunday, February 9, 2014

COLD WINTER DAYS

This is the coldest winter that we've had in quite some time.  I'm still adjusting to retirement and trying to find things that I enjoy to fill my days.  After Christmas I was out shopping and saw some jigsaw puzzles for sale.  It reminded me of days long ago when my mother, brother, and I would spend hours on cold, damp winter days at the card table putting together 300 piece jigsaw puzzles.  There were those odd shaped pieces (and I can still remember some of the shapes) that you knew exactly where they went before the border was even completed.  When I was older my brother didn't spend as much time with us but mother and I would work 1000 piece puzzles.  It was wonderful to spend long hours together.  I miss those times.  Anyway, I bought myself two 500 piece puzzles. 
A few weeks back when it was extremely cold I spent several days putting the pieces of one together.  I tried not to work on it for too long a stretch for a couple of different reasons...one was I wouldn't finish it too quickly and two..because I know if I sit in a different position for too long a period it makes me sore (I would say it was age related, but that's always been a problem for me).
Handyman came down a few times and put in a few pieces but I don't think he ever actually sat down to work on it with me.
Here is a picture of the completed puzzle.

I still have the other puzzle to put together at some point, but I'm holding off for a while.  I don't think this winter will be over for a while!!


No comments:

Post a Comment