Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

SLEEP TIGHT NATE

I was blessed with two daughters, then two granddaughters.  I had no trouble buying little trinkets and fancy princess things for the girls.  Then I was blessed with a grandson.  I love him the same as the girls but I have a harder time trying to find little things to buy for him.  I'm also not good at buying little boy clothes.  I'm partial to the frilly, cute girl clothes.  Sorry, Nate.  I hope you know that it doesn't mean I love you less 'cause that's surely not the case. 
A few years back we fixed up one of our bedrooms for the girls.  I got them princess sheets with princess pillowcases.  At the time Nate was in the crib so it wasn't a problem.  Now he's sleeping in a toddler bed in our bedroom when they come to visit and I have looked all over for a special pillow case to put on his bed for him to sleep on.  There just isn't  much out there for boys.  I did find a few twin bed sets, but the bed isn't a twin and he doesn't even have a twin bed at home.  It finally occurred to me that I could buy some material and make him a pillowcase.  I was lucky to find some "digger man" printed flannel.  It didn't take but a few minutes to put the pillow case together for him.  I hope he likes it!!



This "digger man" pattern is just perfect for Nate!


1 comment:

  1. He'll love it. I asked him what he wants to be again the other day and he told me, "A digger man and a boy ballet teacher." Can you tell he's surrounded by sisters?

    ReplyDelete