Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

MORE GREEN BEANS


Last week I posted that I had canned green beans. That was early in the week. On Friday Handyman Husband and I went and picked beans again. On Saturday I processed 4 canners of beans - 7 quarts and 30 pints. In 6 days I had canned 91 jars of beans! Today he went and picked beans again. Tonight we've been stringing and breaking beans - 4 gallons worth. I'll be canning tomorrow night. I can do 1 canner of quarts, 1 canner of pints and still have some to cook for eating fresh. I went to WalMart on Saturday and bought more pint jars. It's a good thing I got them because I'll be using some tomorrow. I counted the beans in the pantry and right now we have 254 jars of beans. It's a good thing our family likes green beans.

2 comments:

  1. Beans every night for most of a year there! We'll help though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight I've canned 7 quarts and 10 pints...I hope everyone is hungry for green beans this winter!

    ReplyDelete