Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

THE NARROWS/CANNING TIME AGAIN



Handyman & I took the camper to the lake for a long weekend. The weather was just wonderful. Cool weather for July - 70's during the day, 50's at night. We had a campfire every night and you could actually sit close and not get too hot. Sunday afternoon the campground really cleared out and it was so quiet. We got home about 3:00 Monday and after unloading the camper we went to the garden (it's at Handyman's mothers house) to pick beans. When we got there his mom had already picked and broken 7 gallons of beans for us. We went out and picked what turned out to be 4 more gallons of beans. We came home and I got a canner on before I started stringing and breaking what we had picked. I did 2 canners of quarts Monday night and then on Tuesday after work I did 4 more canners - 1 of quarts and 3 of pints. In all, 51 jars of beans. Whew, I'm glad that's done. Tonight I took the rings off, washed the jars and stored them in my new pantry. I'm gonna have to be sure to take some to Kansas when we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment