Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Sunday, July 5, 2009

WESLEY'S QUESTIONS

In our monthly church newletter there was an article about questions that John Wesley had member's of his Holy club ask themselves each day in their private devotions. There were some hard questions. See for yourself.
1. Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am a better person than I really am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?
2. Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
3. Do I confidently pass on what was told to me confidence?
4. Can I be trusted?
5. Am I a slave to dress, friends, work or habit?
6. Am I self-conscious, self pitying or self-justifying?
7. Did the Bible live in me today?
8. Do I give God time to speak to me everyday?
9. Am I enjoying prayer?
10. When did I last speak to someone else about my faith?
11. Do I pray about money I spend?
12. Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
13. Do I disobey God in anything?
14. Do I insist on doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
15. Am I defeated in any part of my life?
16. Am I jealous, impure, irritable, touchy, or distrustful?
17. How do I spend my spare time?
18. Am I proud?
19. Do I thank God I am not as other people, especially as the Pharisees who despised the publican?
20. Is there anyone I fear, or dislike, or criticize or resent? If so, what am I doing about it?
21. Do I grumble and complain constantly?
22. Is Christ real to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment