Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Thursday, September 3, 2009

PROGRESS ON THE POWDER ROOM



Handyman has been plugging right along on the powder room. Of course, to me, it seems like it's taking forever. I guess he has to pace himself on this project because we don't have another in the wings when this one is finished. The plumbing is roughed in and most of the wiring is done. Both of the existing doors have been turned around so they open into the powder room. The wallboard has all been finished except for just a couple of places that need patching. The ceiling in the closet was textured but the ceiling in the old laundry room was smooth so he had to work on getting those to match. The bead board has been put up and painted. The light fixture has been installed. Next on the list is to put the trim above the beadboard, on the corners and the baseboard. We picked out the tile last weekend so installing it comes next. Then he'll get to install the sink and toilet and connect all of the plumbing. We have a white framed mirror to go over the sink and I had ordered a 3" wide shelf from Pottery Barn to go over the sink and under the mirror. It arrived yesterday. It's an off white, so it will be painted before it's installed. I ordered a cabinet to hang over the toilet from Overstock.Com but today I got an "I'm sorry" email. Their inventory was wrong and they didn't have any more. So now I have to go looking again and I guess while I'm shopping I'll go looking at linens and see if I can find towels to match the paint. Hopefully in a week or so it'll be complete and then I can start the task of cleaning all of the dust from our house. All of the upholstery needs to be vacuumed and everything else needs to be dusted.

1 comment: