Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Saturday, April 10, 2010

MOVING FLOWERS

Today has been a beautiful Saturday. Before lunch we went out back and dug up flowers that we wanted to take to our lake lot. Then after lunch we drove up and planted the flowers from our garden. We took quite a few varieties over -- creeping phlox and lily of the valley that originally came from my grandmother's garden, asparagus fern that came from my Aunt Martha's garden, and lilies, hostas, lamb's ear, and lirope. It'll be nice to have familiar plants around us up there too. The trees at the lake are beginning to green up. I would have liked to just stay there but we didn't take Toby with us so we had to head back home.

Here is my bleeding heart that has some beautiful blooms on it this year.
This is some of my Honesty (Money Plant) that re-seeded itself. I had tried for years to start some from seed. Finally I have lots of it coming back each year. I probably need to move some of it to the lake too.

No comments:

Post a Comment