Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

SOLD


I have been a “camper” since I was five years old.

My family started out with a 9’ X 9’ umbrella tent back in the 1950’s. We progressed to a larger tent and when I was in jr.high school we got a 12’ camper where four of us slept on three different levels.

Then while I was in sr. high school we got a fully self contained camper. When I married, we had to go back to a tent for a while, then a popup and finally a full size camper. When the kids left home we bought an even larger camper that had a bedroom with a queen size bed.

While I enjoy camping we had always dreamed of having a place of our own at the lake that we could go to any time of year and not have to make reservations six months in advance of all the major summer holidays.

Just by coincidence last November we came across a small cabin for sale at the lake. We went to see it the first day it was listed. It was small (16’ X 16’ – 2 story) and not in very good shape, but we both loved the place.

We bought the place and handyman husband has been renovating it ever since.

Now that we've been able to spend a few nights up there, we decided it was time to sell our trailer. We put it on Craig's List last night and had one call a couple of hours later and then another call early this morning. Handyman met with the second caller a little while later and they decided to buy it!!!! All the paperwork won't be completed until tomorrow but it sure didn't take long to get it sold. Now we can go ahead and put the new siding on the cabin. YEAH!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Can we have some of your selling luck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you would have some selling luck!! Hopefully, soon...

    ReplyDelete