Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Moving On

Yesterday was moving day for the kids (and grandkids). Kristy, Justin, Randy & Nate made their getaway from here at about 6:00 am. They headed south with 3 vehicles filled to the brim to be at the house when their POD arrived. It seems the POD people were up very early too and delivered the POD earlier than was anticipated. The POD was unloaded by noon and they worked trying to get all of the boxes unpacked. I kept Kate & Gabby with me and we had a somewhat normal day. They ate muffins for breakfast, watched Sesame Street (and also Thomas the Train) & played out on the sun porch. We had lunch about 11am and then I put them down for their naps. They talked me into letting them nap together and I figured there would not be a nap -- 2 reasons - they were together and also anticipating the trip to Tennessee. I was pleasantly surprised. They went right to sleep and slept for about an hour and a half! After they got up we took off for Music City. Everything was going good, I had put them in cups of water and Goldfish for snack, but when we got to Nashville it started to rain --- hard. It didn't rain too long, but then the traffic was backed up due to a collision on the bridge. We finally made it through downtown Nashville and headed out Murfreesboro Pike. It was 14 miles of traffic signals --- stop and go, stop and go. When we finally arrived at the house Gabby wasn't sure she wanted to go in. It took some prodding and telling her that her mama was there, but she finally went in. Then the girls got to see their bedroom. Their bed was made up, their books were in the bookcase and the toys that had been packed away for several weeks were in their closet. The dove right in!! I think every toy that had been in the closet ended up on the floor. We finally headed home about 6:30 and had another thunderstorm just as we reached Nashville. It rained until we were out the other side, but fortunately no accidents during that thunderstorm.
I spent today getting the house cleaned up. I had neglected it while they were here. Things look pretty good right now, but they're also pretty quiet. I miss the Gabby hugs, Kate wanting to be read to, and rocking Nate. I miss their parents too, but I'm sure that they're happy to have a home again. It'll take them a little while to get settled in, but once they do I hope they'll soon come back for a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment