Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Thursday, July 22, 2010

QUIET

It's been almost a week since the kids moved on to their new home in Tennessee. Things have gone back to normal at home this week. It is so quiet -- I miss the activity that they brought to us.
On Tuesday I received a call that my Aunt Martha had passed away. It was not unexpected. She hadn't been in good health for several years and I had learned from her grandchildren that she was not doing well. Handyman & I are planning on traveling to Ohio to be with the family this weekend. This branch of my family always came when there were BIG events in our lives -- weddings & funerals, in particular. As a child I spent many nights in their home and always felt so loved. I also remember the love my Aunt Martha & Uncle Bob had for each other. Everywhere they went they held hands. Even as a child, I thought that was great. My parents never did that. Handyman & I don't do that very often either. Their grandson posted a picture this week on Facebook that brought tears to my eyes. It was just so like them ----

Prayers go up for my Uncle Bob because he has lost his soul mate. They were married for 65 years, had 3 children, 4 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment