Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Saturday, November 27, 2010

We are so Blessed - A Great Thanksgiving Weekend

We have had a great weekend. The Stace family came in about noon on Wednesday. We "treated" the grandkids to McDonald's for lunch and the adults got (had) to eat hamburgers too. We always enjoy our time together but holidays are so much better when they're around. We get to read a lot and watch all of the funny things the kids do. (Sorry it's sideways!) Handyman made chili for supper. Nephew, Ryan, got in about 7 pm. That was different to have him here a little longer than usual. Normally he comes in with his parents on Thanksgiving Day. I think he & son-in-law, Justin, enjoyed their conversations with one another. Thanksgiving morning started early -- I was up and in the shower at 5:30. Once I started making noise in the kitchen, the rest of the gang was up too. Turkey was in the oven by 6:20. The day was spent cooking, eating and enjoying family. All too soon, my brother and all of his family took off for his in-laws in Alabama. Exhaustion set in after all of the cleanup. I wasn't worth much for the rest of the day. After lunch on Friday Kristy & her family took off for home. Thankfully the trip is only about an hour and a half on a good day. So much better than the 10 hour trip to Kansas!! Today, Handyman & I drove up to the cabin to pick up a few things we needed at the house. Traffic wasn't bad and we had a nice drive. I finally made it out to one store to do some shopping today. Handyman drug a lot of the Christmas decorations out of the attic today and we put a lot of it out today. We haven't started on any trees or outdoor lights & wreaths yet. Normally we don't even start any Christmas decorations until December, but since the Thanksgiving company had left and we had a day of rest, we thought it would be a good time to decorate some. Then for supper we pretty much finished up the Thanksgiving food. We had some squash, a little turkey and some gravy left over to throw out, but I think that's it. I'm ready for something other than turkey tomorrow!! I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday as much as I did. Tomorrow, it's off to church for the 1st Sunday in Advent and decorating the church!
Here's the start of our decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment