Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Sunday, November 28, 2010

LET THE DECORATING BEGIN

We've never rushed into decorating our house for Christmas. I think this year is different since the kids came for just a few days at Thanksgiving and we had a day to rest and then were ready to do something! I'm hoping that since they're closer this year that they'll be here to see the decorations more than one time too. Anyway, we started yesterday getting out some of the decorations. A few weeks ago I purchased a new 4' tree for upstairs. Since we had an extra tree, I decided to put it in the girl's room with just lights and some plastic ornaments and ribbon. It has the angel that was on top of our tree every year while the kids were at home. I hope they like it!!


We have a small 2' tall tree in the breakfast room. This tree has mostly homemade ornaments. I made some but my mother made most of them. I love this tree because of the love that went into making the ornaments.


The last tree that we put up today was in the bonus room. Over the years we had added quite a few ornaments to our collection. It seemed that over half of our ornaments were gold in color and I decided to change our large tree to all gold. We still had a lot of sentimental ornaments that would not work on an all gold tree. So, this little 4' tree holds all of those special ornaments. Quite a few of them were bought by my parents even before I was born. Some were bought by our kids thru the years and there are even a couple that were painted by granddaughters, Kate & Gabby.


We still have the tallest tree that goes in the living room to put up. Hopefully we'll get it all up this week. I'm still debating on putting up a couple of more trees, but I haven't decided for sure just yet. Since we've gotten such an early start, it may just happen!! We'll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment