Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Friday, December 3, 2010

THE GRAND TREE

This has been a busy week. I’ve traveled over 450 miles in two days for work, had two nights of choir practice, and worked at the office three days. Decorating had not been a priority for me, but yesterday when I got home from one of my traveling days, handyman had put up our big tree in the living room and put the lights on it. Even though I was tired, I wanted to get it decorated. I spent a little time before supper, then a little time before choir practice and finished it up when I got home from choir practice. I added ribbon to the tree this year. I had tried it a few years ago but just didn’t like how it turned out. I went on the internet and found a video telling how to put ribbon on a Christmas tree. I like it so much better this way than just wrapping it around the tree like I had tried before.

Here it is without the lights on.

And with the lights.

Here are some of my favorite ornaments:

This ornament was brought to us by our Danish exchange student back in 1996. She couldn’t have brought another ornament that would have pleased me more. This one just fit in so well with all of my other gold ornaments.

The details didn’t show up well in this ornament of Jesus, Joseph & Mary, but it is a beautiful ornament.

The three wise men.

A Church

And of course…angels….

Angels

And more angels....at last count there were almost 100 angels on the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment