Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS WITH FAMILY

Christmas Day was quiet at the house but we enjoyed the view out the bonus room window.
It was our first white Christmas in about 17 years.
I had forgotten to take pictures of the upstairs tree, so here are a few snapshots of some old ornaments. This one includes a "Peace On Earth" that my mother cross stitched while they were living in Georgia, a wooden angel that's been around a while, a red bell that is older than I am and a wooden angel that Kate painted for me last year.

Below is the rocking horse ornament that I paid more than I should have for it and handyman wasn't very happy with me --- so I ALWAYS hang that ornament where he can see it. The cross-stitch angel was one that I cross stitched for Holly in 1984. I made one for Kristy too. I'm not sure if I've given that one to her, or what has happened to it.
This angel was in a set that my dad bought back in the late 1940's. This was on my parent's tree every year while I was growing up.
Kristy and her family arrived on Sunday afternoon. The kids were so excited, but had to wait until Monday morning, when Aunt Holly got here, to open their presents.
Here's a picture of Nate "just hanging around."
We got the girls a new game MOO UNO. They really liked playing it and even got Aunt Holly to play with them.
Paw Paw & I both got to have special time with Kate on our laps. I'm not sure how much longer she's going to fit since she's getting so tall.
Gabriella went to sleep after lunch out a Mariah's on Monday. We passed her around, but she got in a pretty good nap.

Kate wanted to take a picture of her mother ---- it wasn't one of Kristy's better pictures!!
What would a visit at Gam & Paw Paw's be without a "pony" ride on Paw Paw.
I got a good picture of the Stace Family by the tree.
We really enjoyed our Christmas with all the kids! I am so glad that we got to spend time with all of them. They left this morning and we haven't done much since. It's been a lazy afternoon!
I'm not sure when I'll "un"decorate the house but I'm not in any hurry. I'm still enjoying all of the lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment