Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Monday, June 6, 2011

FARMER'S MARKET

On Saturday I visited our local farmer's market. There is one certain display where I purchase most of my veggies because they have just about anything you would want and usually the biggest and best looking tomatoes.
This trip I bought squash, big juicy tomatoes and small red onions(the red onions at Kroger are always huge). For dinner that night we had Bacon & Tomato Sandwiches, Fried Squash & home canned Green Beans. Delicious!!



After purchasing the produce that I had specifically gone for, I decided to walk thru the market to see what else was available.
I was surprised to see Wine for sale. They were set up so you could taste the various wines that were available and even though it was only 10:00 on a Saturday morning (their clock said 5:00) I got to taste several kinds of locally made wine. Some of them I liked and others not so much, but in the end I decided to purchase a bottle of the apple wine. I think what swayed my decision was the name - Alvaton Apple.

I'm planning on waiting until the kids are here to open the bottle. It was a little more expensive than what I prefer to buy, but I thought this would be nice for a special occasion.


On a similar note - a few weeks prior to this I asked handyman to pick some strawberries for us so I could make some jam. He picked enough for us to have a couple of shortcakes, make a batch of jam, and freeze enough crushed berries for two more batches of jam.


I love the bright red color you get from freshly made strawberry jam. It tastes delicious too!

No comments:

Post a Comment