Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Saturday, June 4, 2011

A PRESENT FOR ME (FROM ME)!!

A few weeks back I bought something for myself that I've been wanting for quite some time. It's one of those things that I didn't really need but just wanted. Hey, at my age, I think I'm entitled every now and then!! I had looked at several recipes that gave directions using one --but since I've had it, I haven't run across another one of those recipes.
After checking prices, I changed the color from Cobalt Blue to Willow Blue. As far as I could tell, this was the only difference other than the price which was about $40.00 less for the Willow Blue. They are rather expensive, but our bank has been giving us points for quite some time that I have just ignored. I cashed the points in for a $100.00 Amazon Gift Card to go towards it and also used the $80.00 Cash Back from my Discover Card. So I figure it cost me about $50.00, which isn't that bad. I look at rewards as free money!

Isn't it a beauty?

I really never thought I wanted or needed one of these until recently. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me --- I've been doing more baking since I got it. Bread...Cakes...pies.... It does a great job of kneading the bread and it really whips up the egg whites for meringue. Calories, calories, and more calories!

There was also a rebate that came with it -- either a glass mixing bowl or a food grinder. Since we like ham salad, turkey salad and such I opted for the free food grinder. It should be here within the next month.

I wonder what I'll find to use it for next?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those seem so nice! You have a great space to store it too--that is one of the reasons I don't have one (aside from the cost). It doesn't stop me from trying to win one from the Pioneer Woman though!

    ReplyDelete