Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Sunday, June 5, 2011

RUM CAKE

I've planned on making a rum cake for years. Back in the 70's, Bacardi Rum put a recipe in the women's magazines and I always thought they looked yummy! We just never seemed to have any rum on hand because as you know, we're really heavy drinkers and must have drunk it all up. ;-)
For Thanksgiving last year (or was it the year before?) I made some hot buttered rum (which I didn't like at all). I had some leftover rum and thought I'd make the rum cake. Well, here it is June and I still hadn't made it. After getting my new Kitchen-Aid mixer I decided that I'd better be putting it to good use, so I finally made my rum cake. It turned out really well although I did modify the recipe a tad so it didn't have quite so much rum flavor in the glaze.


Check Spelling
For the recipe go to The Pioneer Woman.com
She has step by step instructions for this delicious cake.

1 comment:

  1. What did you use for your frosting or icing to be white rather than the traditional clear glaze look on rum cakes please help me lol thank you. I like your presentation

    ReplyDelete