Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Friday, February 1, 2013

FAMILY HISTORY

I've spent the past few days trying to make some sense out of all the papers that I've inherited from my mother along with diplomas, birth certificates, etc. that we have managed to accumulate.  I found this beautiful scrapbook with "Family" monogrammed on it and thought it would be a perfect place for all of those keepsakes.  I found that it was difficult to arrange the pages where they made sense.  I ended up trying to place "like" documents of couples together.  My parents had sent each other invitations to their graduation - even though they were both in the same class.  I thought that was rather cute!  My mother had saved them, so I did also.  I wish that I had more copies of the documents from other relatives but am thankful for what I do have. 
The next task is to take some of the not so important keepsakes and put them in an album.  I have some of the first greeting cards that our daughter made when we first got a computer with a printer, letters from camp, newspaper clippings, etc.  Then I have a few pictures to go thru.  Some of these were ones that had been sent to my Grandmother Jackson which are duplicates to ones I already have.  I noticed that on our girl's birth announcements, she had numbered them.  She wanted to make sure she remember who came first  I know it's hard to keep track when you live far away and seldom see people.  I also have a lot of 5" X 7" photos that have been framed at one time or another that I need to get into albums.  Hopefully I'll get this project completed by spring!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're being awfully productive for retirement!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like Miss Patty at church. She told me that I wasn't doing retirement very well. Oh, but it is so nice to be able to do what I want, when I want!! I haven't been very productive since lunch today...although before i cleaned the bathrooms, did 2 loads of laundry and went to have lunch with my little mentee! She was so surprised to see me so soon! I got a big hug!

    ReplyDelete