Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

GETTING A GOOD START TO THE DAY


I was reading over at "The Inspired Room" on an entry from back in January. She was talking about her routine in the morning to jump start her day. If I waited until the morning to start I wouldn't get done before time to leave. Each night before we head off to bed, handyman husband & I make sure that the dishwasher is unloaded. We leave out on the stove all of the dishes needed for breakfast, get the coffepot ready so it makes itself while I'm in the shower, and try to have my lunch at least planned out. In the morning I go straight to the shower. Then while handyman is showering, I cook breakfast. We've been married for 36+ years and he still likes to have bacon, eggs & toast every weekday morning. I've got it down to 7 minutes. After breakfast he puts the dishes in the dishwasher and then makes the bed while I finish getting ready for work. We usually meet upstairs for a few minutes before I head out for work. Now that he's retired, he probably spends a while on his computer before he starts his day.

No comments:

Post a Comment