Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Thursday, March 26, 2009

KANSAS VISIT

Gabby bringing me a book.
Kate with her Paw Paw


We got back yesterday from a wonderful visit with our 0ldest daughter, her husband and our two granddaughters. It was so nice to get to spend some time with all of them. We left here on Friday afternoon, spent the night in St. Louis and arrived in Kansas on Saturday afternoon. The girls had both been napping, but Kate heard us come in and came down right away. She's always been such a loving, entertaining child. For a three year old, her vocabulary is extraordinary. She can keep you in stitches. When Gabby came down from her nap, she wasn't sure what to think. We haven't gotten to spend as much time with her as we did when Kate was that age. We could tell by her "look" that she wasn't too sure about us. I left her alone for a while, but then I just couldn't stand it and went and gingerly took her away from her daddy. It wasn't long before she cuddled up to me. We quickly became good buddies. She loves being read to, just like her big sister before her. I spent hour after hour reading books. We'd finish one and Gabby would take it and put it away and bring me another one. 8, 9, 10 books---one after the other. Then I needed to read to Kate too, so for a while I alternated, reading Kate's book request and then Gabby's. I loved every minute!!
Randy had his birthday while we were there. Kristy baked him a cake and Kate couldn't wait to give him his card and present. Paw Paw got to use their "I'm Special" plate.
I'm not sure I'll be able to wait for them to come to visit this summer. I just might have to make another trip to Kansas before they get here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment