Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

CLEANING OUT CLOSETS


This past Saturday I spent a good deal of the day cleaning out closets. When we moved here 13 years ago, we had 2 teenage daughters at home. We each had a closet. Mine & handyman's is a small walk in closet and the girls were just standard, guest room size closets. Ours was such an improvement over what we had previously, I never thought we'd need more space. Well, when the girls moved out, I started moving out of season clothes, too small, too big clothes into their closets. I ended up with all 3 closets being stuffed full. There were a few things that had holes in them and they were put in the trash, one box was filled to donate and two plastic tubs were filled with those clothes that are just a little too small. I'm working on getting back in them, so they're going to the attic for a while. The closets look a lot better, but I still need to work on the shoes in one and boxes of home canned green beans in another. The third one has toys for the granddaughers along with a portable crib which I had planned on putting in the attic until I recently was informed that another grandchild is on the way. As for the beans, handyman husband has filed an application with the city and after we receive approval (hopefully) he will start construction on my new laundry room/pantry which will be filled with washer, dryer, canned foods (including the beans), big pots, canner, roasters, etc. Once that project is complete my old laundry room will be converted into a powder room. I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment