Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Saturday, August 1, 2009

ANOTHER BUSY SATURDAY





We got up on our "Sunday" time this morning (6:20). Handyman Husband was going to work at the Habitat House and my plans were to make pickles. I had mixed up my sour dough bread yesterday and after letting it rise overnight, put it in the oven to bake. Handyman cooked breakfast for us and then he left to go to the Habitat House and I took off for the Farmer's Market to buy cucumbers. When I got home I had to thinly slice 7 pounds of little cucumbers and 4 white onions. Then I had to grate 2 green peppers. After mixing the salt with the slices, I had to ice it down and let it sit for 3 hours. In the meantime, I started cleaning house. I got the downstairs all done, but still haven't gotten to the upstairs. After 3 hours I had to make the syrup and put the pickles on to heat for 2 hours and then fill 21 half pint jars with finished pickles. While I was filling jars, Handyman Husband came in and then left to go pick beans. He brought home about 3 - 1/2 grocery bags of beans. We broke 1-1/2 bags and we have enoughtfor 1 canner of pints and about 1/2 gallon to cook. I just didn't have the energy tonight to can the beans, they'll have to wait for another day!!

1 comment: