Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Monday, October 5, 2009

SKYPE


I'm excited. Handyman has installed SKYPE on my computer. If you've never heard of it, it's kind of like a telephone for your computer. To call another computer is completely free (other than purchasing a microphone, if one isn't installed on your computer, and a webcam, if you want video). And since I want this so I can talk to my granddaughters, I definately want the webcam. They've been ordered and are in Des Moines, IA right now. (Aren't computers great, you can find out almost anything!) We talked to Handyman's brother tonight - on a conference call. I think it will be nice for the granddaughters to be able to see us and also see Toby while they talk to us. He went through our email list and found his brother, sister-in-law, a cousin, one of my cousins and our former exchange student on SKYPE. We're gonna have to get some other people on thee because I think it'll be really nice. Once you're on you can see which of your friends are online. It'll be better than instant messaging because you don't have to type your message and wait for a reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment