Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SMILE

Unfortunately I am one of those people who absolutely detests going to the dentist. Over the years I have put it off as long as could before I went. Occasionally I'd get started and go regularly for several years, but then my employer would discontinue the dental insurance or money would just be too tight. I've been needing to go for a while but again I put it off. I've suffered some discomfort for a while. Nothing that lasted very long or was too bad. It was just enough to keep reminding me that I needed to get something done. I finally made my appointment for September, but then I decided to purchase dental insurance and it wouldn't be effective until October so I had to reschedule for this month. I finally went today. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared. Actually they weren't sure why I was having pain. I have some old fillings that are beginning to deteriorate. They are assuming that one of them shifts when I bite down and that's what's causing the pain. They did a complete set of x-rays to check out all my teeth and their roots. They have advised replacing 3 of my fillings, which are in 3 different quadrants, so it'll take 3 trips. He's also recommending a crown to go over the root canal that I had 12 years ago. He said that if the tooth cracked they wouldn't be able to fix it. My insurance won't pay on that until next October, so I'll probably delay that until then. Overall, I think it was one of best dental visits I've ever had. WHEW, what a relief! I was expecting at least a root canal! I didn't schedule my next visit until November 23rd. I'm hoping I'll be home from Kansas by then. If not, I'll just have to reschedule.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! You hadn't put it off as long as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but I was forced to go because it was bothering me and I thought I had BIG problems!!
    It's a good thing that we have strong teeth because most people wouldn't have been that lucky.

    ReplyDelete