Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Thursday, February 18, 2010

FAMILY


Handyman and I came from very different families. I grew up in the city and he grew up in the country on a farm. I have only one brother and he had 5 siblings. My grandparents lived hundreds of miles away and he got to see his paternal grandparents nearly every weekend. We've been married now for 37 years. We've both lost our dads and I've lost my mom. Handyman lost a sister in the prime of her life. But the kids are "carrying on" the families, especially on Handyman's side of the family. From his five siblings we have 9 nieces and nephew, 16 great nieces and nephews and 1 great-great niece. That's a wonderful thing about large families. Ages are spread out all over the place and someone is always having a baby!! Unfortunately, Handyman's family has gone the way of my family and they are spread out all over the Eastern United States & Texas.
We rarely get together with more than a family or two. Nieces and nephews are in NY, Texas, Georgia, Florida, Maryland and Kentucky.
Even our small part of that big family is in two states with our oldest daughter, son-in-law, and 3 grandchildren being in Kansas. At least our youngest is still close by, even though we don't see much of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment