Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

RESERVATIONS


Yesterday my Outlook Calendar reminded me that it would soon be time to make Labor Day reservations at the lake. You see, they fill up quickly for all summer holidays, but you can only reserve 6 months in advance. Every year we tried to figure out if we would want to camp the holiday weekends while we were still coping with cold weather and sometimes snow on the ground. It's exciting this year that we don't have to make decisions 6 months in advance about when we're going to go to the lake, but at the same time, after camping for most of my life, it's kind of strange too. It will be nice to be able to make last minute decisions about spending a night or two or even a week at the lake. No more checking to see if an acceptable spot is available. We'll be able to decide on the spur of the moment to go or not go if the weather turns off bad or something else comes up. I'm looking forward to spring and many great trips up to the cabin!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun it will be for you. I'm sure it will be wonderful to have everything stocked and be able to spend a lot of time up there!

    ReplyDelete