Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Sunday, February 14, 2010

VALENTINE'S DAY


I was listening to the radio at work on Friday and they were polling people on whether we should do away with Valentines Day. Some said it wasn't fair that a girl would get roses from a fellow she had only been seeing a couple of weeks. Why does it matter what other people get or don't get? I had the distinct impression that those without a significant other didn't like the day, while most people who had someone to share the day with were more than happy with the holiday. For a lot of years we have followed the same tradition of sharing our Valentine's dinner with about 20 other couples from our church. Some years I get flowers, some years not. I've never gotten expensive jewelry. After 38 Valentine's Days together, it doesn't matter as much what I get, as it does that we're still together and still love each other. Of course, flowers are always nice!! I hope everyone has a Happy Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment