Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Thursday, May 27, 2010

CONFUSED

I don't know about you but I am very much a creature of habit. Now that Handyman & I are splitting our time between the house and cabin I am so afraid that I'll head out from work in the afternoon and go to the wrong place. So far, it hasn't happened, but I still have that fear. When we're at the cabin during the week, I get up at my regular time so I have time to cook breakfast before I leave. I've cooked bacon & eggs almost every work day for the past 37 years, but it takes so much more thought when we're at the cabin. You wouldn't think it would be a problem, but I guess I run on autopilot so much of the time. Our life had become so repetitious. Maybe this will be good for me--making me put a little more thought into even the small daily things that I do.
We're also having to do a little more planning to make sure we have enough food and clothes both places. It's been a bit of a juggling act for me. But so far, no one has gone hungry or naked, and the dog has always been at the right place, so I guess we're doing okay. (Hopefully I haven't spoken too soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment