Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Sunday, May 2, 2010

RAIN RAIN AND MORE RAIN

I am so tired of rain!! We knew that it was coming so on Friday night I decided to get out of the house for a while. I went to WalMart to pick up a few things that we needed. I'm glad that I did go out for a while because now I'm about to go stir crazy!!! It rained all day yesterday. I checked our rain gauge before going to bed last night and we had had 4" of rain yesterday. We did go to church this morning and I checked the rain gauge when we got home and it had an addition 4.5" of rain. The rain has continued most of the day today, although we are having a reprieve right now. The last time handman husband checked we had almost an additional 1.5" inches --- total - 10". There are a lot of reports on Facebook about a lot of roads that are impassable. Unfortunately our local television station has not had any local news on this afternoon. We've been watching Nashville and they've had a lot more rain than we have had.
Tomorrow I'm supposed to head out to western Kentucky for work. I found on a Lexington TV website where a couple of the roads I'll need to travel are covered with water. Sooo, I'm not sure right now if I'll be able to make the trip. I'll probably call the state police in the morning to check on road conditions. Fortunately the rain is supposed to be gone tomorrow and no more in the 7 day forcast.
On the upside -- Barren River Lake should be back to summer pool after all of this ---probably even over summer pool. Our cabin should now be on the lake not just on the creek!!

1 comment:

  1. i am following yr blog. u r invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete