Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

NEVER SAY NEVER!

What is it about the word "never." Once you've said it, it'll come back to bite you!!
Handyman husband had a small runabout boat when we married. I think I was only out in it once and got burnt to a crisp. Then when the girls were small we bought another used boat. I don't remember how long we kept it, but it wasn't too long. Then we bought a nicer used one when the girls were in high school. Our older daughter did some tubing. I don't think #2 daughter ever did. Handyman even got to do some water skiing with this boat. When that boat was gone I said --- no more boats!! The only way I ever wanted another one was to buy a new one and keep it docked at the lake. But that was way too much money so I never figured that would happen. No, we never bought a new one, but a boat was donated to the school where handyman taught automotive technology. The boat needed a lot of work so he and his students got it running again. After spending so much time and effort on it, I knew that he wanted to buy it, soooooo..boat #4. Well at that time it was just handyman and me. It was a lot of trouble to take to the lake since we had to pull it AND the trailer with the truck. So we sold that one after a few years.
Now we're the owners of a lakeside cabin ---guess you can tell where this is going. Handyman is looking forward to getting the cabin remodel done and having some R & R time. He decided that he wanted to go fishing!!! He has spent an enormous amount of time perusing the ads on Craig's List looking for a boat and he finally found what he wanted and could afford with the money he had made on a remodeling job for some friends. So today he drove to Clarksville, TN and came back with his 1st Fishing Boat!! Here it is----
Happy Fishing Handyman and Happy Retirement!! Can it get much better for you? Cabin on the lake, a boat, and lots of days to go fishing. Hope you enjoy it ----.

2 comments:

  1. Yep--it can get better. Soon the grandkids will be close enough to tag along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the grandkids will enjoy fishing with Paw Paw!!

    ReplyDelete