Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Friday, April 17, 2009

HANDYMAN HUSBAND'S NEW TRUCK




I was sitting at work yesterday and all of a sudden it just popped into my mind that we should get handyman husband a new truck. Now, I don't know where this thought came from and I usually stew over large purchases for quite sometime before I suggest we go ahead with it. But for some strange reason I told my husband about it that day. As background, handyman husband retired last year and I still have about 5 years to work before my retirement. His truck was 10 years old and getting close to the 100,000 mile mark. He doesn't put that many miles on it now and I could just see in 5 years him really needing a new truck. With the economy being what it is, interest rates are down and prices aren't too bad either. I thought it would take a while for us to find what we were looking for -- low mileage, still under factory warranty, but used (let someone else take the "drive it off the lot and it depreciates"). Well, it didn't take him long. He found a 2007 Chevrolet with ONLY 7,300 miles on it! And the price with trade-in wasn't bad at all. It was at a dealership in Franklin, about 20 miles away. So, when I got off work today, we headed down so I could see it. One of the problems we were looking at was that we had a topper on our truck to protect our cargo. These babies go for about $1,000. Handyman husband called the business where you buy these and they said ours wouldn't fit the new truck. He measured and thought it would, so the fellas down at the dealership helped him to moved it over to the other truck to try it out and although not a perfect fit, it works just fine. We drove it home. On the downside, I can't get up in it by myself - it's gigantic. Handyman is online looking for me a "step."

No comments:

Post a Comment