Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Monday, April 20, 2009

RAINBOWS


Tonight I had to go to church for a finance committee meeting. When I left home at about 6:40 I noticed that everything was wet. We must have had a small shower, I say small because we hadn't even heard it. When I got to the stop sign at the end of our street I saw the most magnificient rainbow that I can ever remember seeing. It was the widest and brightest rainbow. Then I saw a second one -- still wide and just a little dimmer. I've always been in awe whenever I've seen a rainbow. I couldn't tell you how many times I've gone out in the rain to look for them. But this time they took me by surprise because it had already stopped raining here. I turned my head see if it was clear for me to pull out and there were 2 MORE rainbows in that direction. I could see 4 rainbows at the same time!! I wish I could have gotten a picture of it but I didn't have my camera with me. This is the closest I could find, but it's still not as bright as the ones I saw tonight.

Then God said, "I am giving you a sign of my covenant with you and with all living creatues, for all generations to come. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life. When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth." Genesis 9:12-16

1 comment:

  1. Susan H. said she missed getting pictures of them too. It sounded beautiful.

    ReplyDelete