Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Thursday, June 17, 2010

MOVING ON

As the time for our daughter's move approaches she has talked about those new friends that she will be leaving behind. It saddens her that she and her family will no longer be near to some dear friends. Most of my life I've been on the other end of friends moving. My parents moved our family when I was only 8 years old. Since that time I've lived in the same town for almost 50 years. When I was in high school several of my friends moved away with their families. We all went about the bus'y'ness of high school and lost track of each other after only a few letters. Then I went to college, married, got a job and started living my life. I've had a lot of people touch my life during those years and so many of them were only passing through for a short while. I haven't been good about keeping in touch with those people. I still share Christmas cards with a few of them, but not many. It's sad that we lose touch with so many people. But in this day of the internet and facebook, it's nice that we can reconnect with many of the people that have moved on. And for my daughter's generation, they won't have to wait years for that to happen. Their friends can stay friends and keep in touch via the internet without a lot of effort on anyone's part.

No comments:

Post a Comment