Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

THEY HAVE ARRIVED

We are so blessed right now to have our oldest daughter and her family staying with us. Even though things get a little crazy with 3 small children wanting our attention I am enjoying having them with us. When they're with us we do things that we wouldn't do without them -- such as going to a dairy farm and getting to watch Kate milk a plastic cow, ride a horse around a field and eating ice cream cones. I let them get in the wading pool one day, then we took a break so they could have popcicles, then back in the pool to wash the sticky off.
I went home yesterday to a freshly scrubbed kitchen floor. I must admit that I don't do it as often as I should and I guess with Nate picking up anything he can find and eating off the floor it needed a good cleaning. It's also been nice to have our laundry washed during the day while we're gone. I normally do it all on Saturday -- it looks like maybe I'll get the day off this week ;-)
Meals are a bit of challenge--trying to make sure there are enough carb0hydrates for our son-in-law, trying to find foods that the granddaughters will like, and figuring out how much food we actually need. I'm used to living with a "Mikey." Do you remember the Life cereal commercials? -- give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything!!
We've been spending quite a bit of time on Craig's List looking at houses for rent in Nashville. It is amazing how many are listed daily and then how fast they are snatched up. We had heard that there was a housing shortage in Nashville due to the flooding and it seems to be true. I'm not in a hurry to get rid of them but I know that they're concerned with finding a place that isn't too far from work and also having a decent school for Kate, who will be starting kindergarten in August. At least with this move they will be close enough that we'll still be able to see them fairly often.

No comments:

Post a Comment