Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Saturday, June 5, 2010

VACATION AT THE CABIN

Handyman & I have spent the past week at our cabin. I haven't done much this week other than make sure that we had our meals because I spent most of my time reading (so far, 4 books). Handyman has done a few things around the cabin. The best part was that he got our porch screened in. Everything isn't permanent, but the bug population on our deck has definitely dropped this week! We started out the week having to use bug spray every night. Tonight we had some friends come by and we sat on the deck for a couple of hours and didn't have any problems with bugs. YEAH! Toby now his own door so he can come and go on his own. Yesterday morning when I went out, there was a toad sitting inside next to his door. I guess it thought the door was "just his size!" Sorry, but I didn't have my camera with me to get a picture of him!

Doggie Door
We went to Lowe's earlier this week and bought 2 window air conditioners so now we can sleep in cool comfort. That's nice too since it's been pretty humid this week.
This weekend was the US 68 - 400 mile yard sale. We went out on Thursday and found a few things (mostly junk) and then tried again today, but the rains came and most everyone had covered up their wares. I doubt that we try again.
Handyman went to play a round of golf this morning, but got rained out about the 14th hole. He was trying to practice a little before the golf scramble on Tuesday with some guys from his old work place.

No comments:

Post a Comment