Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Charlie is home!

Yesterday we went to Portland, TN and picked up our precious little Charlie.  It’s been a little crazy around here ever since!
We had his area all fixed up for him.  A crate to sleep in, a pee pad to pee & poop on, his little bowls for water and food.  Then a larger pen around everything else.
He was asleep in his carry on bag when we got home and he continued to sleep in it for an hour after we got home.  When he woke up I showed him his pee pad and he used it,  Yea, Charlie!  We played some, then he ate some lunch and went back to his pee pad to poop.  He was on the pad but the poop fell off the side.  But he definitely tried!  Yea, Charlie!
He doesn’t care for his new crate at all.  So I’ve removed it from his pen for now.  I’m leaving the pad so he’ll have something soft in there.  He won’t go to sleep while I’m holding him and he doesn’t care for going in his pen when the gate is closed.  This is a problem!  What I’ve found is that I can take his canvas carrier upstairs and put him in it on my chaise lounge, right beside me and he doesn’t mind being in it and will fall right off to sleep.  Sometimes we just stay upstairs,  other times I close it up,  carry him downstairs and set the whole carrier into his pen and open the carrier so he can get out to potty when he wakes up.
Last night when we put him to bed in his pen I still had his metal crate in there.  He whined and cried and yelped for about 20 minutes.  I didn’t hear him again until after 3am.  He was really upset and I was worried his sugar might get low so I got up to give him some of the syrup they had given us to give him if that happened.  He had closed the door to his crate and couldn’t get in so he was on the cold floor.  He cried for 30 minutes in my arms.  I couldn’t get him calmed down.  Finally I brought him upstairs and put him in the carrier next to me and he fell asleep.  I took it down and put it in his pen and went back to bed.
When the alarm went off this morning, all was quiet out in the kitchen.  When I got to him I noticed that at some time he had gotten up and pooped on his pee pad.  Yea, Charlie!  I was surprised since he had been so upset.
And that was the way we spent Charlie’s first day and night with us.
Hoping for less crying tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment