Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Monday, July 22, 2019

Plantation Shutters

I’ve thought for quite some time that I’d like to have Plantation Shutters in the house.  There were several reasons I hadn’t gotten them.  One of the primary reasons was that you had to decide how you wanted them mounted.  You could get the outside mount which allows you to use the windows tilt in feature for cleaning or you could mount inside the frame which according to the websites would keep you from using the tilt in feature.  I finally got Randy involved and he said that we could just take pins out of the hinges to remove them so I could still tilt them in to clean.  And in reality, I don’t clean them that often.
After Randy carefully measured 3 of our windows I ordered them back the first part of June.  They said they wouldn’t be shipped until July 23rd.  I was surprised last week when I got an email saying they’d be delivered today.
During a bad thunderstorm this morning I got a text saying they had been delivered.  I called Randy (he was at Habitat) and he said he’d run home and get them inside.  I was worried about Charlie since the thunder was so loud and it was the longest he had been left at home alone.  I had been debating whether I should come home and check on him.  So I guess the thunderstorm and delivery came at the right time so there was an excuse for someone to come home other than to ‘check on the puppy!’  
Evidently he was doing fine and the shutters got taken in out of the rain.
Randy got the first set put up in the bonus room.  I think I’m gonna like them!
We got the hidden tilt and had a center rail put in so we could just open the top or the bottom.
He still has two pair to put up in our bedroom.
I will probably go ahead and order shutters for the other bedrooms and the garage.
We never shut the blinds in the living room or dining room so I don’t plan on getting them for those rooms since they’re so pricey.




No comments:

Post a Comment