Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Puppies, Puppies, Puppies

I’ve wanted a puppy ever since we lost Toby in April of 2013.  I had just retired January 1, 2013.  Then  I thought if we didn’t have a dog we might travel.  I’m kind of slow....it’s  taken me this long to realize that we weren’t  going travel (except for a few trips to the gulf coast).  We’ve sold our cabin and gone back to camping where every other camper has at least one dog.  I always loved using Toby as an excuse to take a walk in the campground.
I went back to work part time in September of 2014.  I decided at that point that it wasn’t fair to get a puppy and leave him home alone while I worked.  Then a couple of weeks ago I had an epiphany!  If I got 2 dogs they could keep each other company while I worked!    Randy agreed to take them out to potty when he comes home for lunch so they won’t be alone too long.
I found a breeder in Portland, TN.  I watched her videos on Facebook and was smitten with her Yorkies!
We went down and saw the puppies and there was no doubt that I wanted them.  As it turns out one of the puppies was born on Memorial Day, the last one available in that litter.  His mother is P.J. and his dad is Fritz.  The other was born 2 weeks later.  They can’t come home until they are 8 weeks old and 32 oz.  so I will get Charlie first, then two weeks later we’ll get Jacks.
The day I picked them out I had already decided on Charlie’s name,  but when it came to Jacks I wasn’t prepared.  Then the breeder told me that his daddy’s name was Jackson and his mama is Emma.  I made a quick decision right then to name him Jacks for both of our daddies.  I’m not sure what my dad would think of their names,  but it’s keeping his name, Charles Jackson, alive in my puppies.  I really don’t think he’d mind.
I’m sure there will be lots of posts in the future about the puppies.  If things go as planned I’ll get Charlie on Friday and then Jacks two weeks later.



No comments:

Post a Comment