Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

DECISIONS, DECISIONS


Ever since we decided to add the laundry room/pantry, I've been struggling with what to do with the kitchen window since it will look directly into the new room. I finally made up my mind - It's history. Handyman Husband will remove the window completely and drywall both sides of the wall. On the kitchen side I want a bridge cabinet to go between the existing wall cabinets on that wall. It will look like the one on the opposite wall over the range. However, since there will be no microwave under it the tile will go all the way up to the cabinet making a nice backsplash over the sink. Now if we can just find a matching cabinet. I went to the cabinet shop where the original ones came from but they don't carry that brand anymore. They did give us the name of a company here in town that handles that brand now. One of us will check it out this week. I've also been trying to match the wallpaper border, but no luck. Lowes has completely taken out their wallpaper department and the decorator at Porter Paints told me the book it was in has been discontinued. I knew that wallpaper was not popular anymore, but I would have rather added it to the addition instead of Handyman Husband having to strip what's on the walls over the cabinets. It seems as if I keep finding more and more to add to the project.
The plumbing inspector came today and signed off on the roughed in plumbing. We're still waiting for the electrical inspector - hopefully tomorrow.
I guess I should have cleaned up the kitchen a little before taking the pictures. I used the big buckets this afternoon while I was cleaning the patio doors in the sunroom. I finally found a fairly easy way to clean them. Mix Spic and Span liquid with water, wipe it on the windows and then wipe dry with a Shamwow. They're handy towels/rags that (if you watch TV) you've seen on infomercials. They really do work. I got 2 walls of the sunroom clean, but the sun was shining too brightly on the other side. I'll try to get it done on Saturday morning. I also mowed the grass this afternoon. Today was a vacation day, but I worked harder than if I had been at work!!

1 comment: