Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Friday, March 19, 2010

DAY AT THE CABIN

I took a vacation day from work today so that I could work at the cabin with handyman husband. First thing this morning I worked on trying to get the dust off the upstairs floor. Right now it's just plywood but come Monday morning it will be covered with nice soft carpet. We have to get as much dust out of the flooring as we can. After going thru several covers for our new Swifter, I had it in pretty good shape except for right in the middle of the room where there's still a pile of building supplies. Handyman said that he would finish it up on Monday morning before the carpet layers arrived. After getting up the dust I started painting the trim upstairs. I got 2 windows and all of the baseboards. It'll have plenty of time to dry before the carpet layers get there. Then I moved downstairs and started taping off the bathroom getting it ready to paint the baseboards. I had to be more careful there because the flooring is already down. Then it was time for lunch so we heated our leftover pizza in the microwave and took it out on the front deck to eat. After lunch I went back to my painting. I finished the bathroom & door and then moved into the living room where I painted all the baseboards. There are still several windows to paint, but a couple weren't ready yet, so we'll just have to get them later. Handyman was busy too --- fitting the new countertop, hooking up the kitchen faucet, and then nailing more boards to the upper deck. We met another neighbor today -- his dad owned the farm that our lot came off of. It's always good to know the people who around. We probably know more people around the cabin than we do here at our main house. I was looking out the kitchen window and saw a redheaded woodpecker on one of our trees. I'm sure there will be lots of birds and other animals up there. By the time we left I was pretty much worn out. I was glad that I wasn't the one driving. After being used to sitting at a desk all day, all that up and down stuff wasn't easy. We recuperated but instead of cooking supper we had Arby's. I can't remember the last time we picked up food from there. It tasted pretty good. I can't wait to be able to go up there when everything is finished and just sit back, relax and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment