Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Monday, March 29, 2010

WONDERFUL WEEKEND

Well we've spent our first weekend at our cabin and it was wonderful! I drove up after work on Friday. It only took me 31 minutes to get there from work. Handyman and our yorkie had gone up that morning. We had an easy meal for dinner that night - tacos. After cleaning up the dishes, the three of us went for a walk down the "lane." The temperature was a little on the chilly side, but walking helped to warm us up. We enjoyed the evening together - without TV or the internet! Handyman had to get up early to head out to the church camp where they were roofing a cabin. I didn't even have to cook breakfast for him because they were going to eat after they got to Loucon. I had my Cheerios and then started cleaning on the cabin. I spent a lot of time down on my knees scrubbing the floor trying to get up the dust from the drywalling. After lunch I decided to tackle the stairs. I had peeked under a piece of the carpet that was stapled to the stairs and it was a mess. I called handyman and asked if it was okay to take them up and he okayed it. I started at the top and worked my way down. First I would take the carpet up and put it in the garbage bag, then rake off all the dirt into the garbage bag, then wiped it with a microfiber cloth, then used a wet rag on it - step by step until I got to the bottom. Now they're ready to either paint or carpet. We're not positive what we're doing with them. I was so tired when I finished that I layed down on the futon with Toby and took a little nap. Handyman didn't get back to the cabin until after 5:00. He cooked hamburgers on the grill and I fixed baked potatoes and salad. It was all delicious. I had put a pot of beans on to cook Saturday afternoon for Sunday dinner. On Sunday morning I put the brocolli on to cook, along with the squash. Then I made cornbread and we fried the country ham in coke (that took a lot of the salt out). Holly came up and Handyman's sister from Nashville and her husband. We had a nice meal together and enjoyed having them come to visit to see what all had been done on the cabin. We had packed enough food and clothes to stay until Monday morning, but handyman was going to work at our regular house on Monday and wanted to get an early start there so we made it home about 4:30 on Sunday. We took several walks with Toby and I enjoyed being out. I got to meet and talk with the neighbors on Saturday afternoon.
Even with all the work on Saturday and getting a meal together on Sunday, I was so relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed my time up there. I can't wait to go back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment