Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Friday, March 26, 2010

THIS IS THE DAY

Today is the day we've been waiting for since November 9th -(actually we've been looking for a place on the lake since about 1975-so we've really been waiting about 35 years)--- we're going to spend the weekend at "OUR" cabin!!!
No, everything isn't finished but the inside is getting really close.
We're taking all of the little plastic boxes I can find at the house --- not sure what we'll need to organize everything so hopefully we'll have what we need and then we'll take the leftovers home.
I'm looking forward to picking where to put each plate, glass, spoon!!
I went to the grocery yesterday and bought most of the staples that we're going to keep at the cabin (condiments, flour, sugar, coffee, tea, spices, etc). I had gone to WalMart over the weekend and gotten the toiletries (toothpaste, shampoo, soap, etc.)
Eventually we're hoping to have extra clothes to keep at the cabin so we can just walk out of our house and go there without having to pack anything. I'm sure it'll take us some time to get to that point, but that's our goal.
Our TV cable, Internet and land line phone won't be installed until sometime next week, so I'm hoping that I won't go crazy being disconnected from the world. Actually I think it's going to be nice because I spend way too much time on the internet.
Hopefully I'll have some pictures to share next week -----

No comments:

Post a Comment