Quilt

Quilt
My latest quilt

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

No Heat!!

Yesterday afternoon I arrived home to a chilly house. The temperature inside was 66 degrees. I checked the thermostat to make sure it was set correctly and it was. Then I heard the furnace kick on so I checked the air coming out of the vent --- it was cool. Handyman had stopped at Lowes to pick up my new stove and was kept waiting about an hour for them to bring it up to load. Of all days for it to take so long. When he finally got home he crawled under the house to inspect the furnace and found the culprit to be a part that we've had to replace twice before --- but at least it isn't an expensive part. Of course, by that time it was too late to go and buy one. I had taken our little heater to work over the winter and had failed to bring it home. (It's going home today!) I had gone upstairs and turned the heat pump on and it was fairly comfortable up there. After Handyman husband had figured out the problem, he went out to the sunroom and fired up the gas heater, opened the dining room windows and door to let the heat come in and it heated up the kitchen pretty well. I hadn't even thought of using that heater -- I had thought about lighting the fireplace, but had decided to wait to see if he could fix it first. I closed the spare bedroom doors and turned on the living room ceiling fan and we were fine. I was a little concerned about getting cold during the night because it was supposed to get down in the 40's and we didn't want to leave the gas heater running and the windows and door open. We piled extra covers on the bed before crawling in. I had taken my clothes into the bathroom last night so that when I got out of the shower I could stay in the warm room to get dressed instead of going out into our bedroom as usual. It got down in the 40's last night but when I checked the kitchen temperature this morning it was still 67 in there. It didn't turn out as bad as I thought it was going to. But I'll be glad when he gets the part in this afternoon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment